Indirect Calorimetry CCM Express
Clinicians and dietitians are very emphatic about their regard for the CCM Express® indirect calorimeter.
Whether they are in hospitals or in private practice, they like how it delivers advanced technology in the most demanding ventilator environment, including bias ﬂow, pressure support, and elevated or ﬂuctuating fraction of inspired oxygen (FiO2).
Patients breathing spontaneously beneﬁt from the CCM Express indirect calorimeter’s comfortable testing options, such as the face tent and preVent® face mask.
The built-in computer with touchscreen operation, oxygen and carbon dioxide sensors, and breath-by-breath analysis make indirect calorimetry with the CCM Express indirect calorimeter rapid and simple—while providing highly accurate resting energy expenditure (REE) and substrate utilization data.
TRUE METABOLIC ASSESSMENT
- Measurements can be obtained with breath-by-breath analysis or user-deﬁned averaging.
- Gas sensors measure both oxygen and carbon dioxide.
- Ventilator patients can be tested on elevated (above 60%) or ﬂuctuating FiO2
- System is unaffected by ventilator pressure support/pressure control and bias ﬂow.
- Windowing function excludes non–steady-state data resulting from patient disturbances or test initiation.
The small size of the CCM Express is ideal for bedside and ICU/CCU testing
- Accurate indirect calorimetry
- True breath-by-breath analysis
- Intuitive icon-based software is simple and easy to use
- Direct Connect allows measurement of ventilator patients without effects of pressure support or bias flow
- Small, compact unit is easy to maneuver and takes minimal space
- Low initial cost and low cost of operation
- Improved patient outcomes
- Decreased number of ventilator days
- Decreased length of stay in the ICU